Today we have the AWESOME Susanne Winnacker, author of The Other Life (May 15th 2012 by Marshall Cavendish) here to tell us about ALL THINGS ZOMBIE!!! And don’t forget to enter to win a copy of The Other Life at the end of the post!
I’m so excited to be part of Zombie Craze 2012! Many people compare the Weepers from my book The Other Life with Zombies and it’s true there are some similarities, BUT Weepers aren’t dead.
Anyway. I love zombies. They are the epitome of creepiness and every horror fan should’ve watched at least one zombie movie in their life.
But I won’t list my favorite zombie movies today. Instead I’m giving you a list of things and events every zombie lover should’ve heard about!
Here it is:
All things zombie
-for the well-informed zombie-enthusiast
1. The TorontoZombie Walk. It takes place every year in October!
2. The Zombies – an English rock band.
3. The CDC prepares the population for the zombie apocalypse on their health blog.
4. The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. If you want to be prepare for the impending zombie invasion.
5. ZomBcon – a convention for all things zombie. In 2011 it took place in Seattle. The 2012 convention has been cancelled but let’s hope that 2013 will be a better year for zombie lovers out there!
6. Boardgames? Yes, please.
7. Zombies vs. Unicorns by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier. “It’s a question as old as time itself: which is better, the zombie or the unicorn?” That’s what it says in the anthology’s description. For us zombie lovers, this duel is easy. Zombies win, but maybe some people still need convincing.
8. You want to teach people how to survive a zombie attack? Wear this shirt: How to kill a Zombie shirt!
9. Shaun of the Dead – a British zombie comedy!
10. And last but not least. 7 scientific reasons a Zombie outbreak would fail!
Phew. That’s a relief, isn’t it?
That was my little zombie list. I hope you enjoyed it!
Thanks for having me on your blog, Ashley!
Well I DEFINITELY need that shirt… and I’m TOTALLY getting the zombie boardgames (Family Fun Night anyone??)
The Weepers: The Other Life
by Susanne Winnacker
Expected pub:5/5/2012 by Marshall Cavendish
3 years, 1 month, 1 week and 6 days since I’d seen daylight. One-fifth of my life.
Sherry and her family have lived sealed in a bunker in the garden since things went wrong up above. Her grandfather has been in the freezer for the last three months, her parents are at each other’s throats and two minutes ago they ran out of food.
Sherry and her father leave the safety of the bunker and find a devastated and empty LA, smashed to pieces by bombs and haunted by ‘Weepers’ – rabid humans infected with a weaponized rabies virus.
While searching for food in a supermarket, Sherry’s father disappears and Sherry is saved by Joshua, a boy-hunter. He takes her to Safe-haven, a tumble-down vineyard in the hills outside LA, where a handful of other survivors are picking up the pieces of their ‘other lives’. As she falls in love for the first time, Sherry must save her father, stay alive and keep Joshua safe when his desire for vengeance threatens them all.
Susanne Winnacker Susanne Winnacker studied law and lives with her husband, a dog and three bunnies in the Ruhrgebiet, Germany. She loves coffee (in every shape and form), traveling and animals.
- (1) U.S. copy of The Other Life
- Fill out the Rafflecopter Form to enter
- US Only