At this time The Bookish Brunette is NOT accepting review requests.
The Bookish Brunette’s Book Review Policy
FIRST- I want to make it clear that I am not a professional reviewer… I did not go to book reviewer college (or whatever) I do this for FUN. I do this because I LOVE books, I love to read and I love discovering books that I never would have known about if not for being a book blogger. That being said: My reviews are based solely on my thoughts and my feelings (and sometimes random musings) about the books I read. Reading is a personal experience, and I will talk about what I loved, liked, hated or anything that might have irritated me about the story and/or characters. My reviews are very honest and I will not compromise my integrity as a book blogger by writing a review that is dishonest to my actual feelings toward the book. I will rarely post a review “trashing” a book, I’d rather NOT post a review at all at that point. The ONLY time I will post a review on a book I completely disliked is if I am obligated to.
Included in every book review:
- Cover art
- Author & Publication details
- Summary (usually from Goodreads)
- My personal thoughts about the book
- A “star” rating (I rate with stilettos)
- I also try to post my reviews on GoodReads, Library Thing and Amazon.
- Link to the Goodreads summary
- Link to Amazon to purchase the book.
Find my Book Reviews on:
- Zombie (YA, Post Apocalyptic, Comedy, Romance, Adult)
- Post Apocalyptic
- Paranormal/Urban Fantasy
- Young Adult (of just about any kind)
- Romance (including erotica/erotic)
I like the following, but I tend to be very selective:
- Chick Lit
- Contemporary Fiction
- Nonfiction: autobiographies/biographies/memoirs
- Titles with religious undertones
When submitting your book to be reviewed:
- If I do not respond immediately, it is NOT because I’m not interested- it is because I haven’t gotten to your e-mail yet.
- If it has been a week or longer since your review request was sent and you still have not received a response, then feel free to send another one. Chances are the first one was sent to SPAM, or just got lost somewhere- it happens.
- Format: I accept .mobi (kindle) ARCS and hard copies of books to review. My email via Amazon email is thebookishbrunette (at) gmail.com
- I accept independently published work, ONLY IF it has been professionally edited (no spelling mistakes/grammatical errors.)
When I ACCEPT a book for review, I’d like you to keep a few things in mind:
- It may be 2 weeks, 6 months or 3 days before I read your book.
- If you have a time frame in mind- let me know and I’ll in turn let you know if that will work for me.
- It does not guarantee that the novel will be read, or that I will post a review.
Books that I request personally will have precedence over all other titles. Second precedence will go to those novels that were accepted via a review request/pitch. Novels that are received unsolicitedly will mostly likely go last and it will depend on my reading schedule and interest as to whether the title will be read and reviewed. If I have no interest in reading the title or it does not capture my interest after halfway through the book, it will be passed along to another blogger or donated to my local library. ONE MORE THING when you submit your review: (and obviously this is not required, just a suggestion and it will make my life a little easier)
- In the subject line of the email put: Review Request: (Title of your book)
- SUMMARY of your book
- Cover (if available)
Include links to your:
- Goodreads (or similar)
This is just a suggestion… I hate to have to go searching for everything with minimal info…
I am happy to host authors for an interview, guest post or a stop on a blog tour. I also will consider doing a Promotional Post featuring just the book, summary and info on the author if I have the time and I feel your book is a good for for BB.